Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Satisfying Fourth

Welcome to the very first blog from a first timer. As I read my best friend and sister's blogs I realized I needed to enter the 21st century. I love to journal - but type much faster. So here I go!

Today was the most satisfying of Fourth's. I took Baby Girl to get her 3 month pics (family yours will be here in 2 weeks) and got to have lots of Mommy/ Baby bonding at the mall. Then I hooked up with my sister for some girly time.

The evening culminated in how all Fourth of July's should be celebrated. In no particular order, here are the items that made this one special.

1. Men grilling out. I didn't have to cook or clean, just eat way too much!
2. Super Mario Bros with the Sis. Yes we did. No we are not 14.
3. Neighborhood Fireworks. The most awesome neighborhood fireworks I've ever seen. Imagine competing cul-de-sacs and fire trucks.
4. Laughing/Crying/Overstimulated Babies. Nephew Bug from #3.
5. Sleeping Babies. Baby Girl finds the sound of screaming fireworks as her own particular lullaby. She can sleep through anything (much to her mother's satisfaction).
6. The Declaration of Independence. We took some time to remember our founding fathers. Thanks Nathan for reminding us what we are celebrating.

Happy Fourth Everyone!

No comments: