Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Season of Change

I am thankful for all of my brothers and sisters in Christ and the power of prayer. I come before you now asking that you say a special little prayer for my family. We are going through a season of change.

Now, I don't know about everyone else - but I generally am the kind of person to get comfy with those things that are familiar. After all, I still have the little red stapler I won in my 1st grade math class. Generally, when I see change coming I like to pretend that it will go away. After it jumps up and slaps me in the face, I usually wail for a day or so and then try to be pragmatic about it.

Well, I'm past the slapping stage, and am going between wailing and being pragmatic. Chris and I are facing several changes. I know that God will bless us as we go through this season. I know that we will come out on the other side better because of it. I know that this is part of his plan and he is preparing us for something else through this change.

With all of that said, the devil can do very nasty tricks during these seasons of change. Please pray for our protection and deliverance safely on the other side. Pray that we will be stronger, wiser, closer to God and each other on the other side.

No comments: